Our teachers and support staff at Disney Elementary generously give of their time and talents to offer our students free after school enrichment clubs.
- Art Club
- Bike Club
- Sponsor: Chris Hart, email@example.com
- Change Makers Club
- Debate Club
- We learn skills including public speaking, constructing an argument, thinking critically, and working with a teammate. The debaters compete with other schools from the Tulsa area at Tulsa Debate League tournaments on Saturdays throughout the school year.
- Meetings: Thursdays from 2:45 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Club is open to 4th - 6th graders
- Drama Club
- Fitness Club
- LEGO Club
- Running Club
- Soccer Club
- Spot 31 Tutoring
- YMCA After School Program
- Yoga Club
For more information, give us a call at 918-925-1480.
Fine Arts and Enrichment
In elementary grade art classes, students will explore many different aspects of visual art. Students will let their creativity flow by engaging in activities such as drawing and painting with various materials. They also learn art vocabulary, explore the work of many different artists and art movements, and learn to appreciate art as it enhances our world.
In elementary grade music classes, students will learn and practice the basic fundamental elements of music such as sound, melody, harmony, rhythm, and expression (dynamics, tempo, articulation). Students will engage in singing, playing instruments, responding to music with movement, and connecting with various cultures through music. These classes will help students develop creativity, self-expression, and problem-solving while creating music together as a team. These classes will also provide students with performance opportunities, which will help them develop a sense of ensemble, tolerance, perseverance, and rigor—enabling them to be well-rounded citizens of our global society.
I give them real world-type problems, and they try to figure out ways to fix the problems or improve on things that have already been created. We use everyday items around the house along with school items for projects such as:
- a working magnetic crane
- cotton ball launchers
- paper airplane designs that we launch with rubber bands
- using a cup and balloon to harness air power that can knock over stacks of cups
- catapults that really work using a few simple items
- experiments with different ways to successfully grow huge crystals
- using electrical circuits to design things such as lighthouses that light up and motors that run things
I also help them understand and solidify things they have learned in science, math, and art by doing demonstrations of labs they would not be able to do because of their age or lack of a true science lab with enough of the necessary equipment or supplies. Everything we do or I demonstrate is safe for the students and myself at all times. We also have a school science fair. We have attended the district STEAM fair and the district science fair in which we had the most entries and won 1st place at both in different categories.
Gifted and Talented
Our gifted and talented program, SPARK, is available for students in pre-K through 6th grade. We provide appropriate educational opportunities for students who give evidence of high-performance capability in areas such as intellectual ability, creative, artistic or leadership or in specific academic areas that are not ordinarily provided by the school curricula. We focus on 21 Century Learning Skills: Collaboration, Communication, Creative and Critical thinking.